Bacterial V

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got pregnant at the age of 21, through out my pregnancy I got thrush and bv once or twice but it was treated and it didn't come back until I gave birth to my daughter in 2015. After having her everything was fine I never had no problems but then I got the mirina coil fitted and started suffering with bv a lot. When I say a lot I mean a lot! I still have it now infact I had it Friday it is now Thursday and it's back. I'm sick of it, I feel like I can't live like this no more I'm embarrassed to be touched and my sex life is so awkward because of this but for some reason my doctor doesn't care. I have been given dalacin cream to sort out the bv. You're meant to insert the cream into your vagina once on a night for 7 nights and because I frequently get bv I have to order loads at the chemist at a time because it's so regular. I get bv after every period and also after sex. I had my coil removed this year it was out for two months. I didn't have it out because of the bv (as I've only just read that the coil could be a problem causing this.) I got it out because I had symptoms of cervical cancer - luckily I was fine. For the 3 months that I had it out I didn't have bv once. I got it put back in May this year and I've had bv at the least 6 times. I've phoned my doctors to let them know that I want the coil taken back out due to bv and they just keep telling me I need to do swabs so I have done them and they're telling me that I don't have bv - ov course I don't now I've already treated myself because I can't stand the smell! So swabbing me just to tell me that I have bv when I have it or that I don't have bv when I don't is just wasting time! I really want the coil out but the doctors are doing everything to leave it in. Seriously it is ruining my life I hate being in public in fear that someone might smell me. I can't relax when I'm at home and I can't even let the man that I love touch me because I am paranoid. I'm just not sure what to do no more.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I know your pain, I've had bv for 7 years. I'm gonna start inserting boric acid pills into my vagina every night while taking a probiotic.

• Posted

Hey, I had problems too but now I am fixed. I read a lot and I am doing everything I didn't stop any of this procedures yet because they say you should do for at least 6 months. I am now on month 4 free of bv and yeast.

First do the violet gentian insert, yes 1 tbsp of violet and 1 tbsp of water soak the tampon insert in your vg and leave for 4 hours.

In the mean time take vitamin d every day at least 5000. Do the violet for 3 days, after that get the Reuteri probiotic, take one with Food and insert one in you vg every other day.

In the mean time take banana flour a great source of resistant starch 3 tbsp a day with water any time during the day. It makes your gut strong and will not send bad bacterias back to your system.

I am still doing and I am free, I think in 3 more months I will start reduce every thing and see how it goes.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi use 600milligrams of boric acid capsules inserted vaginally for 4 weeks and take a probiotic for vaginal health at the same time. Then for a few nights after your period stops and after sex for a few months keep using the boric acid vaginal capsules. It workwd for me. I had it over and over until a dr told me to do this and it finall has neen gone for a year. My nightmare with bv is finally over. I bought the vaginal capsules on amazon.
    • Posted

Hi Tammy does it matter which size bottle I buy? The 14 count or the 42 count 42
    • Posted

I bought two of the 42 size bottles because you will need that many to keep taking them to get rid of it.  The 14 supply won't be enough to even get thru the first 4 weeks if you use one a night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.