Bad case of cholesteatoma....anyone relate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a cholesteatoma in my right ear which had grown through the tegmen bone and had holes on the lining of my brain which theu repaired. prior to this operation i went to the a&e with vertigo, numb arm and my brain just wasn't working so knew something was wrong. from the mri they could see i had one in left ear as well so operated on that 3 months later. This had completely stripped the tegmen bone and my brain was hanging down so had to have everything reconstructed. I have never felt so ill in my life to the point i felt i might not make it. im worried that the work to reconstruct everything may not be enough and something will happen to my brain, i just don't feel safe anymore. have anyone else had a cholesteatoma that have grown to the brain?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I know I am replying to a very old post. But wow that is crazy!

I can't imagine what you must of went through. I only know how I feel about this and its not a nice place to be in with or without the dreaded surgery. I hope you feel better and your life significantly improved and you are over the very worse of it all.

ATB

Stu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.