Balance tests VNG please share experiences

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had problems with my balance fine the end of January. I'm just recovering now and feeling much better. Although not quite normal but a million times better. When I began with this I could hardy walk from one side of the room to the other. Felt very off balance. I have been waiting for balance tests since beginning of March and have got a date now next week. My concern is that I may never know what's caused it. I have had this before but I just had an mri scan which was clear but the consultant said inner ear damage. I am concerned that this time as I am having balance tests when I feel alot better that I may never know the cause. Or if you still have it slightly can it still be picked up. I wish I could have had my appointment sooner. Feel like I'm going to turn up like a fraud! Lol if anyone has experience of this I would be really grateful. I thought I was having a balance test mo the ago and when I got to the hospital it was just a hearing test.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fine= since
  • Edited

Sounds like what I've been dealing with I've got labrynthitis right inner ear damage. I'm doing vestibular rehabilitation home exercises 3 times a day to re train my brain to work work properly.
    • Posted

Hi Michelle yes I do the exercises too. Have you had a balance test?
    • Posted

Yes I've had all the tests. Caloric test showed my weakness in right ear. I've had it since 1sthe February it's just awful.
    • Posted

You've had it as long as me. It is awful isn't it. Are you beginning to recover?
    • Posted

I'm not as bad as I was at first no but still not right really feel like I'm swaying most days it's awful. Did you have sickness at first?
    • Posted

A little bit of sickness but this time not so much very very bad headache at first. What about you?

I can walk now but I just don't feel right. At first i looked like i was walking on the moon. Now im not sure if you could tell unless i said although i do use a stick when im out of the house just to give me more confidence to walk on my own.

When I'm sat I sometimes feel like I'm swaying. But it's a lot less than at the beginning. And it comes and goes now. Some days are better than others.

• Posted

I'm worried the balance tests won't find anything wrong . I don't want to always be like this even though it is a lot better it's not a feeling I want for ever. Worried that the test shoukd have been done when it was more obvious. What do u think?
    • Posted

Yeah athat's first I couldn't lift my head hardly of the pillow everything spinning and constantly been sick and had to have help to walk to toilet that lasted over a week then had a really heavy head for 2 months and feel off balance now I just feel swayed and my heads always fuzzy 😞. I was so healthy fit before I got this im only 30.
    • Posted

I know what you mean it just hits out of nowhere. I'm only 40. It's a dreadful feeling. I've not been able to work. How about you?
    • Posted

I know what you mean as well about feeling fuzzy. I felt foggy and couldn't remember things. I still have this but no where near as bad.
    • Posted

I'm back at work now but it's not easy at all. Some days I'm really spaced out and I forget stiff also.
    • Posted

Hi Jessica I'm doing really well haven't had any symptoms in over a year now. I'm on amitriptyline 35 mg which has helped in my recovery. What are your symptoms now? Hope you feel better

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for responding.. it means so much during this time of frustration. I’m not feeling dizzy anymore but I have constant pressure in my ears and head, sometimes I feel like I can’t concentrate, and I get a feeling of wanting to faint at times.

I did ALL the tests and major things are cleared but no help with what is remaining. My anxiety is now throughout the roof.

I don’t know how my like went from one extreme to another in a split second. I have two small kids and I feel the guilt of not being a great mom.

I’m on week 9...

How long did it take for you to completely feel like yourself? My doctor prescribed me celexa, but I’m afraid to start because of what the side affects could be... just want this to be done and for me to be back to myself.

• Edited

You will get there just keep forcing your self to do things even when you are feeling off it. Please do vestibular exercises too they also helped in my recovery. It took me around 4 months to get my life back. I still had blips after but that was only when I did too much or when I tried to come off my amitriptyline. I'm wanting a baby so have tried to come off it but it makes me feel woozy coming off the amitryline. I hope you feel better soon you will get their x

• Posted

Good luck with the baby situationsmile
    • Edited

Sorry- one more question..

Did u find yourself having symptoms like head pressure and a feeling of fainting or lightheadedness? Even when you weren’t feeling dizziness anymore? 

• Edited

Hi Jessica! Don’t know if you monitor this still, but I’ve been having the same exact issues since May. I’ve seen two ENT’s and they both say something different. I’m not feeling any better and my anxiety as at an all time high. Have your issues resolved?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.