Bald patch on beard

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 months ago i developed a cyst/spot under my jaw line from growing out my beard for the first time. I began to squeeze the cyst and pulled out the hairs from the inflamed bump with tweezers (i thought it was ingrown hairs). Now the hairs won't grow back? What should i do?image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I once had something similar that I was able to reverse with a Minoxidil lotion, but since you mentioned that there was a small cyst there, I don't know if it would work for you in the same way.

Ideally, you should talk to a dermatologist.

• Posted

i think it was an ingrown hair that caused it but i picked it.

• Posted

Hey, really need to know if you found out what was happening with the white patches you had downstairs? What was the diagnosis and hows it doing?

• Posted

I didn't get a diagnosis because my dermatologist appointment was cancelled due to an administrative error so i gave up waiting over a year. NHS UK public health care is terrible! Anyways the patches haven't worsened but they have got better. I still have them but it doesn't bother me

• Posted

A number of different conditions can cause bald patches in the beard. These include alopecia, ringworm infections, and chemotherapy treatment. In most cases, beard hair loss is not permanent. Most people with alopecia will make a full recovery, though the hair loss may come back with time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.