Bandaging an ankle I cannot reach

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need to bandage my ankle for support but I am so stiff I cannot reach it to put it on

What should I do

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

sorry your ankle is injured. if you cant reach it to wrap can you call someone . keep your ankle iced and up above your heart and anti inflam OTC MEDS if possible until help arrives. how serious is your ankle pain? could it be a twist, torn ligament or broken bone. it is up to you and what is available in your area to contact resources that can assist you with possible xrays . call a uber for ride to assist if xrays needed contact doctor by phone for medical assist.

• Posted

thank you for your help all comments in fact my ankle is not the principal problem the pain is referred from either my hip I am waiting for second hip replacement all my: colon I have problems with bowel spasms however I know so that when my ankle is bandage alleviates the pain in my ankle when my wife is around she can bandage it up for me but it would help if I was able to do it myself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.