bartholin gland removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 8 years ago I had to have the Bartholin gland removal surgery. To this day I still have complications,

My leg swells and hurts after I'm on it for a long period of time. I don't have as many cyst as I use to but I was told about a year ago the Dr. that did my surgery left part of the gland then I was told it was a complicated surgery to begin with. The Dr. told me that if I keep having the issues I will have to do back in and have another surgery to remove what was left and I'm on the fence because of the issues that I am having. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues years later.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey! i got it did 3 months ago! i have so much pain in the area? will it go away? imaging showed very little fluid there possibly from surgery. i think i got the cyst again one month post op! it lasted half a day after i noticed it. usually it lasts a day or two! but now i am trying to convince myself it was something else 😦 cos otherwise it would mean the surgery didnt work!

i am sorry you had to go through this too. are you considering getting it done again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.