Batholiths cyst and lady care

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently just had yet another operation 3rd one in 11 months. The pain is so bad my dr prescribed me morphine before either appointment for op has been done or me being rushed in to a and e from the pain. For many years I have shaved/ or waxed down there but not been able to since last flare up but the gynaecologist has now said I must stop this as this is what is causing the problems has anyone else heard of this? I've never cut down there from grooming and have never had a cyst until 11 months ago?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have specifically asked various gynaecologists about this and have been told it had nothing to do with shaving and that they didn't know what caused them just that "it's one of those things that some people are susceptible to and others not".  Not very helpful.  I hope you recover soon.  x
    • Posted

It's a nightmare they don't seem to care either I'm seeing yet another gynaecologist today so hopefully this one is nice and will help with this problem as well as my others
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel.  I first had a cyst in 1998 - I was admitted to A&E but it burst before they got me to surgery.  It recurred every 9 months or so until around 2004 - then I went for 10 years without having it - until Nov 2014 when it recurred (grew very quickly and then burst spontaneously) now I've just had another and had a marsupilisation op (10.07.2015) - still recovering (but I did have the added complication of suffering low blood pressure after the op so perhaps that's why recovery is taking so long this time).  In 1998 I was told (by a horrible gynaecologist at the time) don't wear tight trousers/g-strings/ride a bike - giving up those things (at the time) made no difference whatsoever!  The more involvement I have with the medical profession, the less faith I have in them.  I am due to go back to the hospital this week and, if they tell me anything useful, I shall post it here.  x
    • Posted

I've never had them before until last April where it grew to the size of a golf ball they removed that and then in a mater of 11 months I've had two more ops all through a and e and it always seems to come back after I've gone back to work so it's a nightmare I'm scared of going back to work I case it comes back again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.