Becoming increasingly forgetful/scattty

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm only 17 yet I've recently noticed a decline in my ability to remember important stuff such as deadlines/keys etc. and is becoming a daily problem where I'm getting into trouble and having to be late to college after having to go back home after forgetting my bus pass for example. I used to be exemplary in remembering things but over the last 6 months I've lost my bus pass 3 times, I'm constantly miss placing things in places I wouldn't usually and now I'm starting to muddle my words and blurt out wrong information. I seem to be day dreaming and losing touch with my surroundings more too, like I can't fully concentrate. I get the recommended amount of 8hrs of sleep and have a relatively healthy diet. I have recently found out antihistamine can cause forgetfulness, I take tablets and nasal spray all year round but doubt this is the cause. I highly doubt it's dementia but just of note my grandad on my mother's side is a sufferer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to get quite concerned!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.