Been dealing with extreme stomach pain for 8 months and doctors still know nothing.. plz help

Posted , 6 users are following.

It all started when I ate some chicken wings late night at 711, about an hour later I was having extreme abdominal pain and bowl movements. I woke up the next morning was still feeling ill had blood in my stools called the doctor and they gave me flagyl and cipro. Everysince then I have had stomach pain. I eat a very blan diet but still try to eat at least 4 or 5 times a day. I started around 180 now I'm down to 140 and I keep losing weight. I have gotten a colonoscopy which was clear, also had a endoscopy and that came up with gastritis so he gave me generic Prilosec. The medicine didn't do anything so I went and made another app to see him  he is now  saying I have epi. Excorine pancreas insuffiency. He prescribed me pancreaze and that didn't help, so I started taking pancreatin by vitmainshoppe. The diet I am doing now is a high alkaline ph diet and I keep losing weight. Do you have any advice I feel like I'm on my own with this one and doctors don't know what to do. Thanks for the help in advance 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your problems. The Doctors are just using sick people to make money. All the tests you had taking, i took it too but no results. I will suggest to you to stay on yogurts in the morning with bagel. Mashed potatoes in evening, vegetable and bake chicken. In the morning takes mallox and evening. Vitamins D and rest.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I will def start doing these things. I do eat live culture yogurt in the morning what kind of bagels do you reccomend anything on it? I'm just so lost with the diet thing tried so many diets including gaps which was the hardest. I love food but I just can't eat anything it seems like. I pretty much eat brown rice and chicken all day long. Should I switch this up possibly?

• Posted

Please you just have to try everything and make notes. I eats cinnamon bagel or sometimes plain no cream on it. 2 cups of coffee . Block your mind and light exercise. Red wine on weekends. Pastries to gain some weight back. MULTI VITAMINS will make you hungry. So you may as well starts ro take that. I was 178 before stomach issues, I dropped to 148 and back to 172 as of last week. Still having issues but just trying to manage it.The GI doctors thinks i maybe be crazy because they can not find any things. Colonscopy, 3 endoscopic.brain scan, bladderscan. Kidney and liver nothing found . Braium test. 2Abdomen tests and 2 motility tests zero found all tests and blood works all good.
  • Posted

Almost sounds like it started out as food poisoning. I'm at a loss. But keep going to doctors. I think that if it was your pancreas they would of been able to tell. Bland diet and lots of water. Keep me posted on how your doing.

• Posted

Thanks! I agree with you I think it was food poising at first now I'm just dealing with this gastritis. I Do feel like that it could be an enzyme issue partly sometime I have undigested food stools but once I started taking the digestive enzymes I haven't had any issues with that. I am manly just tying to figure out what diet to stick to I just keep losing weight.

• Posted

Rice cakes are also good. Aloe Vera gel caps are great for a irratated digestive track.
  • Posted

Hi nick30366

Its very frustrating when you know your body and know theres something up but med profession cant find an answer.

You could try a gluten free, dairy free, fat free diet...eat fish, lamb, some beef i would leave out chicken as that caused you to be ill in the first place. Eat veg and fruit but no citrus..no fizzy drinks but plenty of water no spicey foods or rice and occassional pasta.Take probiotics to put good bacteria into your gut and take vit C and multivits.....I made all these changes and my digestive system is fine now...you can get a variety of gluten dairy wheat free food cakes and bread at tesco if your in UK...but if not in UK im sure you wil be able to get these foods where you live....hope this helps...best wishes.....

• Posted

What type of pain is it that you have?  

You could ask for an ultrasound to look at your organs.  It is a very cheap and fast test so there is no reason not to have it.  

I have had constant abdominal pain that is dull and many times severe.  I have had every test under the sun and nothing significant was found.  I have been prescribed amitryptaline and I think it might be helping slightly.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.