Been having mini episodes - seizures?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i call them episodes, not sure what they are.. the first one happened on Dec 30, 2022 as I was putting my shoes on to leave for dinner. I suddenly felt all of my senses heightening and got very nauseous. Ran to bathroom but did not vomit. The whole thing subsided after about 30-60 seconds.

Since then it has happened countless times, all random. There seems to be no pattern. I've had them in the shower, watching TV, cooking dinner, reading, even once while driving (fortunately I was in a drive-thru and not moving). No rhyme or reason.

I can feel them coming on, so I have a good 10 second window or so. My senses all start climbing like they are supercharged and I feel like I can taste the air. I get nauseated and unable to really speak or function until it passes. Closing my eyes and taking deep breaths helps. Afterward I have a dull pounding headache for about an hour.

I've gotten a brain scan, because my first thought was a tumor, but it came back normal. Still these episodes continue to randomly plague me. Sometimes I'll go weeks without one, and then there are days like today where I've had 2.

I'm at a loss, and searching online turns up nothing like what happens to me.. If anyone has experienced this or knows what it is, please help. I'm becoming very scared.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.