Been on Lexapro 10mg 4 weeks, And today I had a Nasty Panic Attack

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is my 2nd time on the medication first time I was on 10 mg for 2 weeks then I had a panic attack while driving so my Dr. Upped me to 20mg, 3 weeks later I felt it kick in I really don't remember having bad side effects the first time around. This time around I had an episode where I dont know if I was having a panic attack or a heat stroke, my body went into fight or flight mode and I kept having panic attacks so I went to my Dr, he said my anxiety was acting up again, so I got back on lexapro after 8 months of stopping. He wanted to put me directly on 20 mg but I was scared of any side effects and asked if we could start with 10mg, I had the hardest couple weeks of my life but I decided to keep going, like i wrote today is my 4th full week and its been ups and downs, i had a good day yesterday still with panic, today was ok, right until I was laying down playing a video and had the nastiest panic attack to where i thought i was dying, anybody else felt panic attacks 4 weeks in? I also have a lower heart rate, and I wouldnt say difficulty breathing as to more like breathing anxiety and I never had that before I got on the medication

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.