bell's palsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. 6 nights ago I fell asleep on the lounge, when i stood and started walking, my right leg went out and then forward, i had no control over the leg, this lasted for about an hour .I'm also still unsteady on my feet but that is getting better.

I had a brain scan which showed I had bell's palsy.

My right eye has dropped too. 

Has anyone else had Bell's Palsy where their leg swings out then forward? I heard it only affects the face.

I'm worried I may have had a stroke, also i'm forgetting a lot of things, I'll be talking to someone and all of a sudden I stop talking because I can't remember what I was talking about.

Thanks for listening.

Sue

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Bell’s palsy only effects the facial nerves. I’d consult with a doctor. I’m sure they would have been able to tell if you had a stroke when they did the brain scan. But the symptoms sound like a micro stroke 

• Posted

I would definitely not settle for just that. Something causes Bell's palsy, it's not just there for no reason, and I would try my best to find out why. I had bells a little over a year ago. Thought a virus caused mine, turns out I had Lyme disease and the only reason I finally found out is because I'm still sick and I just got a lot worse over the last month or so. I somehow managed to get bit by another tick and infected with Lyme again within the last couple of months according to blood tests. You just never know so keep looking for answers, especially with the different symptoms you're experiencing. 

• Posted

It sounds like something else, bell’s palsy should only affect your face/neck. You need to consult with a doctor to see what is going on.  Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.