Bellpalsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had bell palsy twice now. Once when i was 30 and recovered in two weeks and now im 48 and have had this s**t for almost 2 years. I think i have it permanently and im tired . Feels like the left side of my face is always swollen. I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve, have you spoken with your doctor? Sharon (the creator of this forum) should be able to give more insight as she’s had it for quite some time now.
    • Posted

I havent spoke to anyone since i got out of the hospital right after i first  got this. But i had a mri done and cat scan done so they ruled out a stroke
  • Posted

I’m sorry that you have had this happen again, it’s terrible. Consult a doctor so they can give you steroids, and take b12 vitamins. Acupuncture helped me look more normal, and I have some movement now. I have heard the second time around it takes a while to come back. Use warm compress for pain and advil, good luck 
  • Posted

Steve I know your frustration.  There's no way to make it better faster.  There are facial exercises you can do that may help.  Go on-line and search for Bells Palsy-Ten facial exercises on you tube.  Keep the muscles of your face loose and flexible.  Singing  and saying the alphabet daily will help flex the muscles of your face.  Gently massage your face and reduce stress.  Let me know how you are doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.