Bells Palsy 3rd Time

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm sitting in the doctors office waiting for my diagnosis of Bells Palsy for the 3rd time since 2013.

Ive had headaches for the last few days and awoke with a dent in my chin this morning. By lunchtime my lips were tingling and moving on their own everytime I blink. Lips feeling swollen, cheeks tingly and generally just a bit disconnected at the moment.

Doctor says to wait until my face actually shows physical signs of palsy before I take the prednisone.

Do I wait like she says or take it before symptoms progress?

So grateful for this group to talk too.

Juliette

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'd just go with what the doctor says. I don't believe its even been scientifically proven that the steroids do anything. I've read a few studies and only a few say it is slightly effective.

Did the same thing happen the last two times you had it? I've had it twice and both times were very different.

• Posted

Boy, what a time you have been having.. Did it go completely away in a short time before? Same side or have you had both sides? Are you young? There is a surgery to make the 7th facial nerve decompress but I haven't heard of anyone having it or how successful it is. If these have all been on the same side of your face maybe look into it.

• Posted

I'm 39 and it's always been on the same side. I ended up having the meds the next day as my eyes started to go funny and it was hard to focus. It feels worse this morning, numb and tingly but I didn't get much rest the last few days (3 kids under 5). 3rd day so thats about right though isnt it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.