Benefits

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i was told my social fund loan the repayments should of been stopped due to coronavirus. I still have them taken from my benefits anyone no if I'm right and they should of been stopped

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I dont have to pay mine back at the minute so dont see why you should ?

• Posted

Hi,

I have no idea who told you that but it's not correct. I'm still paying mine back and will continue to do so until it's paid back. May i ask what benefit you're claiming?

• Posted

If you're claiming UC and it's an advance payment you're paying back then if this is causing extreme hardship then you can ask for it to be deferred for 3 months. If it's the old legacy benefits you're claiming then i'm not aware that a loan can be deferred.

• Posted

i pay my advance payment back still but i owed some money from a tax overpayment and it s that they dont take at the minute sorry for the confusion

• Posted

Ah yes that makes sense. DWP debt management have most likely deferred you payments for 3 months, which they can do if claiming UC.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.