Benipail

Posted , 2 users are following.

***1. ive been on benipail for over 12 weeks now, my stomach looks bloated all the time and my face looks a bit puffy, i thought i was putting weight on but i think its just the injection with it having some steroid in it, has anyone else had this, its really getting me down

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

The Benepali injection doesn't have steroids in it - it is methotrexate which isn't a steroid.

I was on methotrexate for a short time - and gained over a kilogram in a month, I was hungry all the time! It is an unusual effect but not unknown.

If it were steroids to blame I'd say cut your carbs, especially processed carbs and any sugar, but don't know if it helps with methotrexate.

• Posted

oh right one of the nurses told me today that its got steroid in it and thats what it might be, im just waiting for doc to phone me so can find out whats causing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.