Best remedies for Hemi- facial- spasms

Posted , 6 users are following.

i started having h f s 5 years ago , brought on by

a stressful situation, i had a brain scan and it was clear, thee symptoms gradually went.

in the last 6 months the symptoms have returned ,

the doctor offered me some tablets, but said the side affects were really bad , eg suicidal thoughts and i would be addicted by tablet 10 ,so i decided not to have any, im looking for some more natural remedies , can anyone advise ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

don't take the tablets. it does not help at all and would do harm. the only helpful medicine is Botox injection. or you can do meditation, which may help.

at one point, i took some medicine and had to have my blood tested every several weeks. it was terrible experience.

• Posted

i mentioned botox to the doctor , he said its not covered on the NHS , do you have to go private?

• Posted

It is covered by medicare in America. I do not think it is very expensive. Try it once and see if it is worth it.

• Posted

I get my botox injections at St Georges after being referred by the neurologist at Croydon University Hospital and it is definitely on the NHS

• Posted

I understand that CBD can be helpful.. Good quality capsules or oil do not have the THC component that causes associated with MJ.

I have had HFS for over 10 years. Resisted Botox until earlier this year. I finally gave in. It has helped me immeasurably. I visit the neurologist every 3 or 4 months. Very helpful in social situations.

Good luck

• Posted

thanks for your help, i bought some CBD

mouth spray today, will give it a try first,

my doctor has not really gave me any advise, so its good to hear whats helping others

• Posted

Be patient . see what works . Everyone is differentusually improves quality of sleep

• Posted

I do not want to come across as rude, but I would consider finding a different doctor that will listen, advise, revise and connect with you. IMO

• Posted

UK'S NHS does cover hemifacial spasm. You can check it in a site called FACIAL PALSY UK. You can contact them, they can help you. They even helped me, and I'm from Spain. There isn't such non-profit organization in Spain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.