Betahistine experiences

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I was interested to hear peoples experiences of Betahistine please. I have been experiencing dizzy spells on and off for the past couple of months. I was started on Betahistine ten days ago. After day 4 my symptoms improved - no vertigo for 2 days and then it came back. I have taken the prescription throughout. I know it says up to two weeks, but was wondering about other peoples experiences with it. Feeling disheartened and fed up with the vertigo.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it took about 6 to 8 weeks to work fully. i still get breakthrough after 6 months, but less of them and not lasting as long.

• Edited

hi nicola

I was standing at a football match with my friends, they were having a drink and i was driving... a sudden pressure and dizziness came over my head i thought i was gonna collapse this was happening right through the game and i probably shouldn't have drove home... i went to the doctor the next day and he gave me betahistine and said i have possible vertigo apparently I've a bit of fluid in my right ear, I'm on day 12 and don't know if they're working or not but i know it can take a few weeks so I'll give them a chance

how are things now for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.