Betaine HCL for Diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone using this for their condition.  I find I need 1 after each meal and most often a couple times a night as my stomach turns sour.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No. What is it? 
    • Posted

It is Hydrochloric Acid, with pepsin.  It helps with food digestion (stomach acid).  After meals and at night I seem to need this to stop my stomach cramps and that source stomach feeling.
  • Posted

I use gaviscon if needed it seams to help me 
    • Posted

Apparently I am not producing enough Stomach Acid and hence the HCL.
  • Posted

Yes, this seems to be helping me quite a bit. I always thought I had more than one problem, one in the stomach (low stomach acid, it appears) and one in the bowel (diverticular disease). I now need to find exactly the right product and dose. Any ideas?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.