Bilateral arm pain and tingling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, and thank you for hearing me out. I am 28 years old, and was an active student and computer user prior to my injury.

My problem started about February of this year. I had been gifted a new joystick for my birthday. Upon using the joystick for a few days I felt a sharp pinch in my wrist below the thumb on the inside of the wrist. I discontinued use shortly after. For a month or two my wrist was sore and I began doing most tasks with my left wrist. One day I was carrying groceries and felt the identical pinch in my left wrist. Pain ensued shortly after.

As the months went by, the pain started to slowly move up my arms. Specifically, the top of my forearms near the elbows. It then about two months ago started to hurt in my triceps and biceps. During all of this time I did not notice any visual changes in my arms.

Recently I felt a sharp pinch in my right shoulder, and noticed it was red and warm to the touch. Days later, I feel a sharp pain in my right shoulder still.

I am also now getting tingling in my arms, seemingly random. Also getting some random twitches.

I've had x rays and ultrasound done and blood work all coming back normal. I have an appointment with a neurologist in about a month. So far, I have no signs of atrophy or weakness. The pain seems better in the morning and worse at night and I can describe it as an ache mostly, but more of a sharp pain in my shoulder. I'm not sensitive to touch and it feels goo to be massaged.

I've seen a chiropractor, two physiotherapists and a few doctors and no diagnosis yet. Can't really do many of my daily activities without significant pain, and I'm having to post pone school. Any help or advise you may have is really appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could it be corpule tunnel with tennis elbow. Since it started in your wrists and generated up ward. I know when I had tennis elbow it hurt all the way to my shoulder.. Just a thought. Jmac
  • Posted

Hi those symptoms you describe are very similar to mine... I have a carpal tunnel in my right wrist and trapped nerves in my c2 . The pain radiates down the right side of my neck down the shoulder and in the shoulder blade sharp stabbing pain and deep throbbing down to the upper arm. The carpal tunnel in wrist radiates the same pain to the Elbow. The pain at night is excruciating and not much sleep is being had... Even walking is painfull holding a kettle. I'm on gabipantine that helps but gives me brain fog.. Still waking at night but not as much pain more discomfort now.. I wish you well and hope you get some answers.

• Posted

hi its sounds very much like thoracic outlet syndrome which i have been diagnosed with you has explained everything i have and it is worse at night hth x
  • Posted

sorry ment to add that everyone thought i had carpel tunnel and tests came back negative for it thats when i was diagnosed with tos not many people know about it in uk and not the most forward to diagnosed hope u feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.