Binocular Diplopia

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am a 30 year old female that has suffered with binocular diplopia at distance for around 18 months now. I have been to my optician twice who advised to try a different contact lens for 6 months that didn't help. I then got referred to an Opthamologist who advised my eyes seemed fine and referred me to a Neurologist.

I saw the neurologist last night and she has booked me in for blood tests and and MRI scan this Saturday which I'm extremely nervous about.

my binocular diplopia is only at distance (I don't get it looking at my phone/laptop/reading etc) if I tilt my head back it usually goes away or helps it slightly.

When I first had the double vision it was only occasionally, now I have it pretty much all the time. I also find my eyes shift in and out of focus very easily.

my only other symptom is occasional headaches, but I look at a screen for around 13 hours per day so put it down to that.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.