Bipolar help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was dignoised with bipolar a year ago. at the begining of this year i was seen by another doctor who told me i didnt have bipolar. so i took his advice the next thing im going off the rails again and told my cpn this so i went back on to my bipolar tablets as clearly it is bipolar. since seeing this new doctor ive had no help at all and im now a week late on my meds and i know im loosing it again because they wont give me prescriptions. I am tiered of them not getting my prescription right that now i have been without them a week and starting to feel like im okay but i know im not ok.. if that makes sence meaning im going back to how i was and not better. so what can I do any help ?? advice?? anything please help as dont want to go back xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you have seen an improvement with the meds carry on as normal.  I would keep in contact with your community mental health team.
  • Posted

Its easy to tell someone they need to change their doctor - you hear that kind of advice a lot on here when middle-class people are being disrespected by their GPs - but if you have the wherewithals, you need to change your doctor. I had the same experience: I was diagnosed with BD, and got the right meds and supporty off my GP, then the business who ran the health practice changed, I got assigned to a new GP who had no sympathy for my condition, and got written off, Don't let the system grind you down, try to fight for your rights to what's left of healthcare for the mentally disordered in the UK

• Posted

I agree its the system in the uk every where else with mental disorders can get help but in the uk its so hard too. some one once told me to write an artical about this but to be honest it wouldnt realy get far nor heard as its the uk xx
  • Posted

Hi Stacy, Is there anything stopping you from seeing another Dr at your surgery? Out of curiosity, what tablets where you first given? And If you don't mind me asking, are you in the USA or the UK? Any Doctor worth their salt would not be putting you through this as it is only going to add to your problems, as I imagine you know by now. Some Meds take a while to work properly, changing them all the time is not good, especially when you have found something that works. Can you get the first Dr to communicate with your current surgery. It took me ages to find my balance and the communication between my  mental health Dr and my surgery was not that good to say the least, Now on Quitiepine, Pregabalin, venaflaxine and  Mirtazapine, so kinda know how they work, and how you feel when you don't have them. I can't think of a reason why your Dr would deny your previouse tablets. I'm sure that there is  "duty of care" going ammiss here. If your anything like me, you'll have a really short span of attention when your feeling on your low side, In which case, I find Music helps,, and youtube :S, for short videos. I would try and refrain from Self Medicating with Alcohol as it makes it worse. A short course of Benzos (like Diazipame) would help you in the short term, but are addictive.If your in a state of Mania, let that do the work for you, use it to chase up your treatment and plan a stratergy. I hope this is of some use. Al
    • Posted

Hi

Im from the uk and its my doctor with the heath team thats the problem not my gp.. I tryed mirtazapine but it didnt work as i have eplepcy aswell.. oxipram i think its called made me 100% worse.. i know witch one is working for me but cant get it prescribed as abarently im not bipolar so this so called dactor says.. i would take your advice but with bipolar you dont get a choice to not take a drink or take a pill or two.. you get no choice in anything you do you just do it and eventually i know i will fel fine when things are not fine again xx

• Posted

GPs cannot diagnose bipolar, who is saying you don't ? A mental health professional? What type of bipolar were you diagnosed with?
  • Posted

PS, If you find yourself not being able to do anything because you are feeling too Low, time to go  to the ER/A&E, xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.