Bleeding, Bloating, and One Sided Pain - I am Concerned

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I've been having some troubling symptoms that I believe are gynaecological, but my GP keeps misunderstanding me. For context, I am 18 years old and I have some other health conditions.

It started in November last year, when I noticed bloody vaginal discharge between my periods. By bloody I mean brown/red and sometimes with tiny clots in it. I first thought it was my copper IUD, but it's been 8 months now and it's just more frequent.

Then came the pain. Sharp, achy and severe pain on the lower right side of my abdomen which goes down my thigh. It's bad when it's between my periods (thought it was ovulation at first but it happens too much for it to be that) but when it's period time it is excruciating. Like I can't eat and sometimes can't move, can do nothing but cry. What's odd is that the period pain is on the same right side when it used to be more in the middle. Nothing really helps the pain except ibuprofen a little bit but even that is starting to lose its effectiveness.

In April, I started noticing that I was bloated a lot regardless of the time of the cycle. I do have IBS but bloating isn't really typical of mine. It seems to be always there. I've either gained weight and my stomach is sticking out or it's bloating at least.

I've also had some urgency to go to the toilet for both things. And my indigestion and nausea have been quite bad, worse than usual.

I was in hospital for unrelated reasons (I had blood in my stool and severe pain) a month ago and I told the doctors there and they did a urine sample which came back clear. They also felt my tummy and the inside of my vagina but they didn't comment on that.

I told my GP a few days ago and he thought it was my IBS and stress and when I bought up my concerns of a cyst he said "cysts don't cause pain" and left it there. So I called back 2 days after that when the pain got worse and he gave me the "it's just stress, take some antidepressants" talk again. So I had to ask for further investigation and he reluctantly ordered a scan, I don't know which, and prescribed tranexamic acid.

I'm worried that it could be something potentially bad and I'm just sitting on it. Can I get some advice please? Could it be the coil or something else?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How are you feeling? I got the same symptoms with PID. Has this started after getting your IUD? That could be the cause and if it is you need antibiotics not antidepressants. I've heard doctors say infectiom can cause depression so try to treat the cause. If you feel the doctor isn't listening that's 100% not acceptable! You should change doctors immediately. Make sure to visit an obgyn as soon as possible.

• Posted

it sounds to me like your iud could have potentially shifted. this is extremely common in women who had never had a baby. Check your strings if they are there its a good sign. then feel your cervix if you feel the hard part of the iud it has shifted lower in the uterus i would go get it removed if thats the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.