Bleeding colon, Diverticulitus Hhmrds. Nuts and Meats

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, Old and male  75 going on 100- Got he old age colon exit problems, along with the lower left pain associted with such misery, Colon camera says many sac's od Dever=T luckily no Polyps,I had what I thought HHMDs Bleeding- But as time carried on, Many blleds alter I visit Dr. He says Its the DVR_t and to expect such going forward-Well folks such is troublesome and If I were not good with pain, (symptons same Lingual Hernia,LWLeft) I don't think I would be so kind to this doctor. He says I can eat  whatever and all will be wel, just drink a lot of water, eat High fibre-Well take a tip I have run the course of Probiotics, and diet fibre makers love me-Maybe I just invented a waterslide for the Intestines, I don't know, and Yes some foods still cause diarhea  but that passes through  and no revisits to the throne to empty a second passing. as Before My COTS Tuna in oil trial. Leaving now down to one can and me and the cat need more.

Chicken of the Sea tuna in Oil--Changed My DV_T and HHMRD life style, I can leave the house and Play golf again. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Joe I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Frankly, the meds made me sick and I felt so miserable I finally thought surgery was the answer. So I went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get Metamucil and you will be fine. Also, stay away from greasy fried foods. Your body will tell you what you can eat. Be your own advocate and keep seeking knowledge.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

• Posted

Thank You, for the time and concern to contact Me.    Can't remember if I tried Metamucil , I certainly have tried the powdered fibre and drinks ,I believe as You stated, the food consumes You not V/versus-  And for sure my Body tells me if I am not careful.

I have it down to three visits a day , so I'm in a better place if I am careful with the foods.

Thanks again

Joe

• Posted

Joe it's called the North American diet. We consume way too much read meat as humans. I was fighting the 25 grams or more per day of fiber and I was having flare ups every 8 weeks and couldn't take the meds anymore. I went to an outstanding surgeon ready to go under the knife and he recommended OTC Metamucil. I was shocked and couldn't believe it that an OTC product could stop it. By George the good old Dr was spot on and I never looked back. I still eat what I want but have cut down on the red meats and I stay away from any greasy foods and no fast food junk.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you young man.

Ps- I hope to make it to 75 years one day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.