Bleeding during intercourse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is actually the right forum for this, but here goes.  I am 34, been married for 13 years (so no change of partner) and he has had a vasectomy so therefore there should be no chance of pregancy.  Last night my husband and I had sex and afterwards I noticed blood everywhere when i turned on the light.  It was splattered all over and looked like the scence from a horror film!!! Obviously we were both shocked and worried.  This is the first time this has happened and it stopped soon afterwards. I am 11 days from my period, so its not that, and it looked more "fresh" than period blood (sorry!!). I'm not sore or anything, so dont think it is a cut, but i have been having slight cramps round my ovaries since.  I do get ovulation pain and my periods have been getting gradually closer together, last month my cycle was only 23 days.  I suffer with health anxiety, so obviously i am really concerned about all the worst case scenarios.  I have a GP appointment booked, but any ideas as to what could have caused this would be helpful... Thank you!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sammy,

Not sure on this, was you man a little rougher than normal as that can make this happen, either that or it is an earlier than normal spotting or period.

• Posted

It sounds like you were ovulating and because if the pressure during sex you had ovulation bleeding. It's very common.

• Posted

Aww this is my predicament also. I'm 35, been with hubby 13yrs, started bleeding during sex last year; it was like yours, something out of a horror movie. Long story short, went to docs, referred to gynae, gynae checked and said I had ectropian of the cervix- cauterized it but still no joy. Still bleeding and they say they dunno what it is as ultrasound scan shows a fibroid but reckons that won't cause bleeding. Anyway, maybe you have ectropian, I would just go to the docs and ask for a referral x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.