blepharitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Question for Lynda79 on the Wet Ones for Blepharitis. Can you wear contacts while going through this treatment?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear ncreight,

I personally would not but I don't use them. The reason why is because of reinfecting the eyes. It takes only a little over 3 months to kill this.

I threw out all makeup and bought new brushes, etc. i washed each eye with a different wascloth. That was mentioned by a doctor online too.

If it were me, I would kill it and buy new contacts too. I would not want this back again. I still use a mascara wand that is throw away. I just use 1 now for both eyes as the Blepharitis is gone but I do not put anything used into my makeup.

Dry eyes do not seem to wash out bacteria like norma eyes do.

This is just my take on the problem. Perhaps, others on this site could tell you how they did it with contacts.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

My optometrist advised me to stop wearing contacts except for special occasions.
    • Posted

Yes, I hope to wear them with make up occasionally too. How long can u back to it? Can u pls give me some tips?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.