Blepharitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just been diagnosed with this blepharitis.  Is it safe to fly with this condition?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unless your planning to have the Windows open on the plane I cant see what would be the problem? If you going somewhere hot and humid it should work wonders for your condition. My blephartis symptoms all but vanish once I'm in a hot country.

• Posted

Andy, do you have severe dry eye with your bleph. I was almost resigned to the fact I may never fly again cos of the intensive air con on the flight, not to mention the airport itself. If I even come in contact with an air con vent in a deparment store Ive to literally run a mile. You have given me hope.....
    • Posted

Dry eyes is the only symptoms I get with my blep, I've got mgd type blep, no crusting or anything, I get redness and dry eye but it's well under control due to the twizzer type instrument to clear my glands and I only do hot compressers under the shower. I go Thailand alot and my symptoms completely go every time and I have the air con on all night.. I do also take quality high content omega 3s too.. don't ever buy the cheap c*** off ebay.

• Posted

Thats very interesting Andy, mine was caused by Demodex infestation due to a weakened immune system. I found that the sunny warm days last summer seemed to aggrivate the eyes but I feel more optimistic from reading your post. Im takn flaxi capsules plus omega 7 seabuckthorn oil and yesterday my order of Lagad Lacrima capsules arrived so Im giving them a try, they are suppose to get the lacrimal glands functioning again.
  • Posted

My liberation from eye drynes came with the  wet goggles recommended by my eye doctor. But other symptoms stayed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.