Blepharitis and bump on eyelid

Posted , 2 users are following.

It started again last week with an inflamed eyelid, the redness and swelling has now passed into one bump. Last year I also had this once, on the advice of the doctor I heated and polished the eyelashes, the bump would 'pop' and dissolve by itself. However, this did not happen. In the end I 'emptied' the bump itself in several times, the contents then (also) came out from the outside. I have a small scar from it. I'm wondering what's best for me this time, any advice?

The optometrist found last year that the Meibomian glands were clogged. Eventually they were empty.

I hope someone can advise me, last time I had this for so long and I am ashamed for it. Plus, it's painful. Thank you in advance and apologies for the distasteful story.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

maybe try using a warm/ cold compress twice a day; it will help keep your glands unclogged and might help drain away any pus. i find that time is also the best medicine, it will eventually go down. also try not touching it if its sore, I honestly find touching my eyes makes them 10x worse.

I'm afraid I don't have the best suggestions, but heat or cold often helps speed up recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.