Blepharitis vitamin D

Posted , 1 user is following.

I used to have blepharitis about 5 years ago and taking between 5000 and 10000 IU of vitamin D fixed it. I had a history of severe vitamin D deficiency so it makes sense that it worked so well for me. I was about 20 years old when I got blepharitis and I think that if you're young and get blepharitis then it's more likely that there is something that is suppressing your immune system which results in inflammation in your eyelids, so you need to figure out what that something is for you, in my case it was low vitamin D. As you age your immune system naturally gets worse so you're more likely to get blepharitis. Taking 2000 IU of vitamin D didn't really do anything, I needed to take at least 4000 IU every day to see real effects but don't take more than 10000 IU a day. Figure out if there's something that could be weakening your immune system

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.