Blood after urinating and Cystoscopy. Please advise

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I am seeking an advice and i would really appreciate sharing your experience or if you have any information.

I am 46 year old male taxi driver, sometimes I need to urinate when I am stuck in traffic in the town centre and there is no parking or toilet to go to.

last week I needed the toilet but I was in a middle of traffic jam for more than an hour and was unable to go out of my car.

so I tried to empty my bladder in a bottle while I was sitting, taking out half of my penis of the trouser with a little pressure from the trouser on my penis, I felt some pain while urinating as the position was not comfortable at all.

when I got home after two hours, I entered the toilet and felt burn sensation while urinating and blood came out after I finished, that has happened two times on that day. blood disappeared after that and everything was ok.

I called my gp just to check if thats normal.

it was Friday evening so Dr prescribed antibiotic and asked me to do urine test on Monday morning.

urine test came clear so gp referred me to hospital and Dr said because there was blood and no infection they need to check out the reason.

I did blood tests and CT scan, everything is ok, so they booked an appointment to do a cystoscopy!

I started to worry now, I thought that everything is OK since the blood stopped and I only had blood after urinating in that position as I felt discomfort and expected the blood could be because I injured myself, but the dr said they do not think so!

he said as long as other tests are OK and there is no infection they need to check if there is any cancerous cells in the bladder as he think that could be the reason!

I am very worry now, can not stop thinking that I might have cancer.

I would appreciate any advise please.

so if there is no infection what could the reason for bleeding after urinating?

thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.