Blood clots in urine following prolapse repairs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I'm 15 weeks post op from anterior and posterior repairs plus enterocoele and perineum rebuild.

I've had blood clots in my urine for several weeks. At first I thought it was vaginal blood or still stitches coming away etc. I'm now sure it's from the bladder. I also have white stringy bits in my wee.

I have been pain free apart from mild cystitis symptoms last weekend which cleared up with the sachets. I've now seen GP and there is no infection. Now I have been referred to a urologist to rule out cancer! Surely this must be connected to my surgery? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Helen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. The white bits are often called mucus threads and not anything to worry about usually. It's unusual for you to be passing clots so long after your surgery so I think your GP is being cautious and very sensible because obviously you want answers and you will now be seen very quickly. However I do think it sounds like a low lying infection that a normal lab test hasn't picked up.

• Posted

Thanks so much for replying. I know they need to be careful and I'm keen to sort it out quickly. They said I'd be seen within two weeks to rule out anything sinister. I think I'm more worried something is structurally wrong after the repairs. Can't face being poked about any more! So lucky to have the NHS to help me so quickly.

• Posted

I can't imagine what you are going through and I know we are all thinking about you. You've been through so much but as women we are strong and you'll get through this. Keep posting on the forum and you'll see just how much support you will get xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.