Blood in mouth every morning

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have rhinitis and for the last six months o have been waking tasting blood and when I spit there is lots of fresh blood in it. had rhinitis for many years but recent. I also feel very sick. I also have pedunculated polyps in my stomach, loads, but this has been checked by gastroenterologist and he says it's not coming from there. I keep going anemic and have to take iron tablets cos I'm losing blood from.somewhere but nobody knows where. it's driving me mad now. does anybody else have these symptoms?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I have perennial allergic rhinitis diagnosed 3 years ago. I sometimes have a small amount of blood in the mouth but only when I have a nosebleed, obviously coming from the nose running down to the throat. I only really get them in spring or summer during hay fever season. I do have symptoms all year round.

• Posted

That's really a serious problem. You do need to see a doctor ASAP.

• Posted

turned out I had blood vessels at the back of my throat. operation was not successful to cauterize them so I still have it and have never been given a follow up appointment or even told results of biopsy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.