Blood in stool, no hemorroids, very scared of cancer

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I'm a 47 year old female, for the last 2 years going through a lot of stress in my life.

For the last few months I've been having some digestive issues, passing a lot of gass, pain in stomach, weird feeling when swallowing. thought it was my Reflux acting up due to stress.

Went for upper endoscopy and turns out I also have scars after healed peptic ulcers and probably EoE inflammation of the esophagus.

I was happy that it explained symptoms.

But 4 days after the endoscopy I went to the bathroom in the morning and there was blood in my stool.

There were "chunks" of red blood and tiny mucus like red pieces and the water in the toilet bowl turned all pink.

It never happened before in my life.

I got very anxious and went to the proctologist, he did rectal exam and said there are no hemorrhoids or other common rectal causes of bleeding.

He ordered colonoscopy.

Now I'm freaking out. I am very scared that the only other possibility of what could be a reason for that bleeding is colon cancer.

I started thinking and for the last 2 years my stools really became more thin and loose and they often are sort of dark green color.

Colonoscopy is in 3 weeks and I am driving myself crazy with cancer thoughts.

Is there anybody out there who had similar symptoms, no hemorrhoids/anal fissures etc(clean rectum exam) and had a different diagnosis than cancer?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.