Blood test, please can someone help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, (in a bit of state and fragile)

I'm looking for some advice, maybe this topic has been covered...if so i'm sorry, but i am really struggling.

I suspect i have herpes, i have had multiple test done, at NHS clinic, private and home testing, with everything coming back negative. But i feel like i know my body and something just isn't adding up. i get redness which has been swabbed and when that came back negative i was recommended to take a blood test, which i have done few of now, all have come back negative. Last time i had sex was over a year ago. How accurate are the blood test? What are peoples experiences with them.

i really appreciate any advice or experiences people will share with me.

If I am honest I'm so scared

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey, if you've gotten it swabbed a few times and done blood tests and they all came back negative then i doubt it's herpes. do you ever get blisters or ulcers things like that or does it just look like a rash ?

• Posted

Julie, thank you so so much for replying! I have felt so alone going through all this. I tried to talk to a friend at work about this and he told everyone. Now everyone avoids me and will not even shake my hand.

Sorry probably too much of my life dramas being said.

I do not get any ulcers/sores on my penis but i do get a little spot but its not fluid filled from what i can see. My tip becomes very swollen , but i think i get a sore/ulcer in my bum hole. When i have been able to get an appointment, its healed or its just crusted over, they still swabbed it and it came back negative. I find very hard to get a decent view on the rear end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.