Blood test results worried

Posted , 1 user is following.

Skip to content

Patient - Trusted medical information and support Patient.info Health information you can trust

PettyL42774 PettyL42774

Blood test results - Worried

Posted 24 minutes ago

Hello,

I didn't know where to put this.....teen health? women's health?? coagulation disorders? Im not really looking for a medical diagnosis...more support i guess as i am twisting myself up with anxiety and worrying beyond belief...

Its regarding my 13 year old daughter.....she started getting nose bleeds fairly frequently...id say maybe one or two a month then nothing for a month then again..She hasn't actually had one now since May. Anyway i took her to the doctors to obviously get checked out as it was obviously worrying her too. The doctor asked loads of questions and then requested a blood test. I took her for the blood test then when i rang for result (4/5 days after) the receptionist said that the doctor has said "can you please book a non urgent appointment, i can do in two days?"wink even though she said non urgent i immediately started thinking the worst and thought that because she gave me a appointment so quick something must be wrong. Anyway once we got to the doctor the doctor said that when they did her PT test (to see how quick her blood clots) it should take up to 12 secs or something like that and hers came out at 13.5 or 13 (sorry cant remember exact i just know it was very minimal) They said that perhaps it was just her body changing etc, she paused and said i think i will refer her to a haematologist. She then said wait here while i talk to another doctor about what to do next. She went out the room came back and said what we will do is repeat the test in 3 months. So 3 months later i took her again (Monday just gone) rung for results Thursday and the receptionist said the same thing....can i book a non urgent appointment. She then said "i can give you an appointment Monday"wink Again im worrying myself silly at what they will say...ive been torturing myself all weekend and convincing myself they will say something awful....Im panicking even more at the thought of them saying they will send her to a haematologist as i always thought that once they do that they are thinking it might be cancer/leukaemia? I know to some of you it may sound silly but i really am getting myself worked up over this..... im scared im worried....she has no other symptoms...she eats very well and is probably very slightly over weight (but shes changing) She sleeps well and is growing correctly....she started her periods when she was 11 and did say they were heavy but after talking to her they seem to be pretty normal to me however maybe slightly erratic......

I don't know here fathers side of medical history unfortunately which doesn't help either....

Is Chelsea the favorite to win the London

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.