Bloody poo

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 3 days I've been bleeding from my bum. At first it seemed after I had a bowel movement, but today it seems to be mixed in with my stool. I've been to the doctors and have been examined and she said she couldn't feel anything unusual or see any blood coming from my bum either. I had an internal examination and there was no blood present. I've been sent for blood tests, I just wondered what it might be because she couldn't feel any piles, she did say they could be higher up.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am on my period too which is making it harder to see where the bleeding is coming from but there is definitely blood in my stool, my stool is a lightish colour and is quite soft.
    • Posted

See if it goes away after your period ends. If it does youi have your answer. If not you need to go in for a colonoscopy to see where it is coming from. I had blood, lots of it and it was bright red. It didn't come from my anus or rectum instead I was bleeding from the desending colon and there was so much it was easy to see. I found out that I have Crohn's Disease and it is attacking my entire large intestine. It can be very serious so you need to find out soon. There are medicines that can stop the immune system from destroying your colon. 
    • Posted

How long were u bleeding for? Did u have any pain? Did the doctors examine you first or did they send u straight for a colonscopy thing?
    • Posted

I was in a lot of pain. I went to the hospital ER and was refered to a gastroenterologist from there for an emergency colonoscopy, I was bleeding for weeks it got progressively worse as time went. When I went to the hospital I was very weak from blood loss, but didn't need a transfusion. Once I was on Prednisone all my troubles were gone in about 5 days. It works fast.
    • Posted

Oh right I'm not in any pain at all only got a belly ache from my period and that's gone abit now.. It's not so bad now seems to have calmed down and there wasn't blood mixed in my poo this morning so I don't know. I'm going to wait until my period ends and just go from there I think.. Fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.