Blue stains apparing on my pillowcase

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello!

Over the last few days I have been getting theses blue/purple stains on my pillowcase for no apparent reason. The stain pattern is very strange, doesn't seem like it's caused by drool, the stain is blue almost purple to be from mouthwash. It's almost like blue ink from a pen. While doing a laundry wash it has been very difficult to remove the stain which makes me think that if it was coming from my mouth or nose, it would also appear on my face. But no signs of these stains on my skin, face or body, the mystery is driving me crazy!

I read on another post that someone post that it could be from bedbugs... But how come a bedbug produce this blue stain almost like permanent blue ink?

PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU!

imageimage

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Have you shampood your hair?

• Posted

Hello! Yes I have, also have changed my shampoo and have even not washed my hair for a day to see what happens, same result. Have also stopped using Listerine, but again every morning since a week ago... more blue stains on my pillowcase.

• Posted

this looks like its either a liquid fabric softener stain or face mask/moisturizer stains.

• Posted

hi

i am also facing same issue blue stain on pillow case did you find the reason

please if you can share its driving me nuts

thank you

prachi

• Edited

hello

me too observing same on my pillow case since 2weeks

not getting what it is

I'll change my hair oil and shampoo and check once again..

I'm also scared of this sign@

• Edited

EVERYONE! I figured it out. (For me at least) it is the combination of coconut oil and a black hair scrunchie I was wearing. I guess the oil in my hair was causing the dye from the scrunchie to run into spots where I sleep on my pillowcases. I normally wear simple hair ties and only recently have been using the black scrunchie. MYSTERY SOLVED!

• Posted

omg!!! I'm so glad i finally found an answer! I've been getting these same spots on my pillows! its been driving me crazy because i cant figure out where its coming from! sure enough- IT IS coming from my scrunchie!! i have a black scrunchie in! when I just took it out the dye got all on my hands too!

• Posted

Wow thank you so much!

the same thing happened to my sister this morning and we thought it was mold or bed bugs! we freaked out and washed everything, the stain took so long to come out, we put it in in bleach and everything. I wish I had seen your message earlier 😂 it would have saved us so much time.

She had the same thing as you coconut oil and a black hair scrunchie, crazy!

• Posted

hello did you get to the bottom of this, i also have the stains now

• Posted

EVERYONE! I figured it out. (For me at least) it is the combination of coconut oil and a black hair scrunchie I was wearing. I guess the oil in my hair was causing the dye from the scrunchie to run into spots where I sleep on my pillowcases. I normally wear simple hair ties and only recently have been using the black scrunchie. MYSTERY SOLVED!

• Posted

I noticed this on my pillows as well and it took me awhile to find an answer on google but apparently its caused by body oils

• Posted

anyone ever find what causing it. My 14 year old bed sheets has it on near head and pillow . Bizarre

• Posted

Am experiencing this myself.Strange patterns on pillow case almost like blue ink. Seemingly looks like drool, but the weird patterns make me question it. Now I do use invisalign, but have been doing so for some time, which I feel rules that out. Another possibility from another thread is from sleep masks. I have one off Amazon that has built in headphones. Again have been using a while so maybe dye is coming from that with prolonged use. Anyone sharing this experience have either of the above?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.