Body wide and isolated tremors

Posted , 1 user is following.

For about a year now I have had moderate trunk, arms, legs and sometimes going into my head and face areas. They stared out very vague in the beginning and usually only effecting a small body area at a time. They aren't really noticeable on the outside of my body although if I hold my hands out my fingers tend to move from side to side a bit. my doctor didn't seem too be concerned about any of it. She sent me to a Neurologist but he just examined me physically and didn't do any tests. He said its likely nothing to worry about but prescribed me 100mg of Gabapentin 3 x a day. I haven't noticed any difference in the tremors since starting the treatment a few Months ago.

These tremors seem to come and go on their own. Often I don't notice them until I'm laying down, but I believe they are there regardless. While its annoying when these tremors go on for days sometimes it is extremely annoying when the tremors are in my lower pelvic region and buttox . After days of this the nerves in this region become effected and very sensitive and triggered. If I were younger this might not be a bad thing but it is very frustrating. Sorry, this is embarrassing for me to talk about. I'm a 64 year old female with diabetes and had lost most feeling in that body region due to neuropathy years ago. I do not wish for those nerves to be acting up at this point in my life. I guess I can bring that part up here because I'm too embarrassed to bring it up to my doctor.

I had an incident recently where I had went to the ER because of a bad UTI. The doctor got my fever under control, put me on an IV antibiotic drip and sent me home with an RX for more. After release from the ER I went home and slept for a couple hours. directly upon awakening I started shaking violently inside from head to toe. It was like the usual body tremors but was what I felt to be 100 to a thousand times stronger. I laid there for over an hour before the tremors finally subsided.

It was extremely scary. It wasn't shivers from having a fever. I knew what those felt like from previous experience. I sure wish I knew what was causing these tremors.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.