Botox lasting effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've come across this forum as I am totally at a loss and was wondering if anyone had suffered with these types of symptoms. I had Botox last April and a few weeks after I had terrible pain in the left side of my face and ear, and felt like someone had cut my air supply off from nose. since then I have had headaches tremors/vibrations in head a pulsing feeling get really confused and constantly gritting my teeth on right side. I've seen neurologists ENT he mri, eeg and ct scan all normal. I now am seeing a psychiatrist as they are putting it down to stress and anxiety which I think has been brought on due to the fact I'm suffering psychical symptoms what no one can explain! Does anyone have any answers thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi   I too have had Botox twice with no results in terms of relief from my headaches.  I did not experience the symptoms you described specifically from the Botox treatments, but experience this symptoms regularly from the type of migraines that I have.  I have hemiplegic migraines where the symptoms minic a stroke.  They are quite debilitating .  Keep working with your doctor to find a treatment that works for you.  I have found that often times medication has its own life span as well as other treatments. In saying that keep trying different things so that hopefully you can ones that work for you without so many side effects.
  • Posted

Kelly,

I have not had botox injections, but have had what my headache clinic doctor calls Trigger Point Injections. It appeared to closely follow the pattern of thr botox injections except there were more up the back part of my head and down my neck and trap area, he injected lidocaine/marcaine/and a steroid. I did receive injections on both sides of my jaw in the temporomandibular joint area, and since I have had pain radiate from that area in about a 2" circle from the injection site, including my ear, only on one side. My injections were only a week ago, and I am scheduled for another round next week... But I wonder if they could have hit a nerve causing these side effects. Did your headaches improve? You describe a sound, is it like a whooshing or ringing type of sound? I have something called Idopathic Intracranial Hypertension, it causes me to hear whoosing sounds and my ears ring.

• Posted

Hello, I also had 2 Botox treatments for migraines. I have had severe anxiety and panic along with chest pain. It has truly been a nightmare. They say Botox will leave your system eventually. I am patiently waiting for that day. In the meantime, eat clean and healthy and drink lots of water. Also stay rested.
  • Posted

It's been a total nightmare I no I'm suffering with anxiety now but that is because I feel frustrated with what is going on. They do say Botox wears off but this has been going on for a year I think it's damaged me and I feel like it's never going to stop
  • Posted

There is no question that depression, anxiety and stress, emotional upheaval, can factor in a migraine--I've had them all.  Trying to take back control can be hard.  I have just had my third Botox injection and am more than ever convinced that they do not help at all.  Yes, the headaches are debilitating....how many times have I wanted to go to the ER and demand that someone give me something to calm down the headaches, but they would keep me for a week and run all kinds of tests which I have already had,  I am taking a mild muscle relaxant because I am so tense and am facing further back surgery soon which is not helping my peace of mind!  Don't give up, whatever you do.  The resolution will take time--it just doesn't happen overnight.  Focus on things that are uplifting. And see more than one neurologist.  After seeing about 14 of them over the years, one recently diagnosed me with a "hypnic headache."  Told me to take caffeine when I went to bed to avoid the powerful headache that would hit in the middle of the night.  I would have to say it has helped in my situation,  But in reading these forums, it becomes clear that we are all different and react differently to different approaches to the cure.  Don't give up.  One day at a time.  oh, and keep hydrated!  Good luck....  
  • Posted

Thanks for all the comments I really do appreciate it and understanding it's not just me going through things that doctors think I'm crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.