Bowel problems with a rectocele

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has suffered with bowel problems due to their rectoceles! I have been told by my physiotherapist that I have a mild cystocele and stage 2 rectocele, which apparently isn't too bad, but the rectocele is affecting my bowel emptying quite badly. I find it almost impossible to go without suppositories and even with these find it virtually impossible sometimes. I know that the poop gets trapped in the rectocele sometimes and I worry that I won't be able to get it out! I resort to taking Movicol sometimes even though I'm not really constipated, just to keep things moving. I know some people suggest using Fybogel but I worry that might cause a blockage, as I consume quite a lot of fibre in my diet. I have been doing Kegels for a couple of months now and have bought a Kegel 8 machine, which oddly enough makes me feel better in that area, but it doesn't seem to have improved my bowel habits! I should be really glad to hear from anyone who's been through this and can give me the benefit of their advice!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.