BP on Amlodipine has lowered thank goodness 🤗

Posted , 5 users are following.

BP was taken today 140/100, still high but still better than 197/117 taken 2 days ago, or original BP on discharge from A&E of 215/101, the side effects I was experiencing on Amlodipine has also settled, I still get water spots in eyes and can at times feel very tired, overall I am feeling much better, I was a bit worried there for awhile, I did stop using salt, stopped drinking coffee/sugar and started drinking water plus forcing myself to get out in the sun for a walk, all in all my goal BP is 128/80.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mimi, I'm glad to hear its going in the right direction, wow that was high, can I ask why were you in hospital, was it because of BP, I'm presuming you are in USA because I don't think they would let you out here at that level, could be wrong of course. I don't suppose anxiety helps either.

Are there underlying reasons as well, you also don't give your age or whether you slightly overweight, this can contribute as well

Keep up the things your doing and your goal will be achievable

• Posted

Hi, I am a 47yr old kiwi woman living in New Zealand. I was admitted into A&E accident and emergency in moderate respiratory distress due to being asthmatic, no infections detected in my bloods. I was treated with 3 nebulizer doses, prednisone steroid, symptoms arrested after treatment given. My symptoms at the time was dizziness with vertigo, migraine, blurred hazey vision,, pale in colour, very very tired, mental fog like state of mind, strong heart beats. Light sensitive. Secondary diagnosis was detected as me being hypertensive due to my BP reading 224/1?? Few hours later with my asthma symptoms treated a BP reading was taken before discharge reading 215/101 2 weeks ago, I was discharged with a script of Amlodipine 5mg to be taken once a day and a follow up appt with my doctor regarding a treatment plan which I discussed today with her. My dosage of Amlodipine has increased to 10mg a day which I will be compliant. It took just over a wk to get used to the meds, I was feeling very ill, lethargic exhaustion, blurry vision, mental fog, I have literally been a couch potatofor over a wk straight until a few days ago when I started to feel better and I was able to get up and do what I normally do around my house.

• Posted

Glad you are doing better Mimi, Although BP was high it's not unheard of this time of year especially.  The lack of Vitamin D contributes to BP spiking..  As far as not letting you out of the hospital, the choice is yours.. not theirs..  Keep up the good work..

• Posted

hi mimi

were you in hospital because of high blood pressure.Or side effects from amlodapine

• Posted

I was in respiratory distress due to being asthmatic and during routine BP they found hbp readings extremely high, I had no idea I was hypertensive
  • Posted

128 / 80 that is wonderful take it once a day once your stress settles down seems like you're going to be fine with your beepi glad you went and got it checked and taking care of it's always better to be safe best wishes let us know how you are doing ?🐸💗 I love frogs at least Kermit and toy frogs not so much real ones haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.