BPSO said he didn’t love me anymore

Posted , 2 users are following.

having trouble wrapping my head around it maybe someone can offer some advice ... about 6 months ago we broke up buy ever since then we talked almost every single day he has said that he wants to get back together he loves me etc but about a week ago he just switched up and said he doesnt love anymore? ( could he actually not love me or anymore or did he just say that) i feel like his bipolar has gotten worse and he may be manic but i also dont know

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi sarah,

in my experience dating someone with bpd, the things said when they are manic should be taken with a grain of salt(like everything else). our partners can be very hurtful during this time and it really has nothing to do with you. i'm sure that if you were in a healthy and happy relationship before the mania then yes they do love you. however, in this moment it may be best that the two of you are apart. this doesn't mean the love and memories were fake just that at this time a relationship may not be what is best for either of you.

it is confusing, hurtful and leaves many of us on the other end feeling empty and alone. it is important to remember that in these times you're not dealing with the partner you know. i would focus on doing things that make you feel good and spending time with people who know you well. it is hard but that helped me to not internalize what was being said.

wishing you well,

c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.