Brain bleed & flying

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi 3 weeks ago my wife fainted and hit her head causing a small bleed on her brain

There were no beds so we were sent home after spending 36 hours in a&e I was told to observe her and come back if she wasn’t right She had headaches and experienced dizziness for a few days but was then ok

Now 3 weeks on she is still getting the odd headache and tenderness/pain on her head where she fell

We are due to fly to Spain in 2 weeks and I’m worried this has never been followed up to make sure she’s ok and I’m also worried what the flying pressure may do or if it’s even safe

Please advise many thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

To be on the safe side you should check this out with your doctor. Nobody on here knows the exact details of your wife's accident and the hospital should have sent your doctor a summary of what damage they found and the diagnosis. eg...why did your wife faint ? If she had a CT scan then your doctor can request the report. In general, airlines say wait 10 days to two weeks after a head injury but everyone is different, and as she is still getting headaches your doctor should be consulted.

As an afterthought, any insurance you have taken out for this trip should be notified of your wifes accident. It may affect any claim you may make, if you dont tell them. Especially if its connected to the injury, eg your wife faints again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.