Brain Fog for 8 years after Extreme Headache

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, Im writing this in hopes to have any suggestions or if anyone has experienced similar. About 8 years ago I took a trip up north when I was 15 years old. I did normal daily outdoor activities. I was sick the week before and was on antibiotics for a sinus infection. I went to bed one night and got woken up from my sleep with the worst pain in my head I have ever felt. I eventually went back to sleep as I thought I was getting sick. After that night and to this day, I have had extreme symptoms affecting me daily. I have an Immense Brain Fog as I feel I have lived the past 7 years in a haze. I have an intense head pressure in which I feel like someone pumped air into my head. My vision gets blurry at some points and have an extreme light sensitivity. I can say that I am able to push on my eyes and air releases (all doctors say this is harmless) however I was never able to do this before. The only thing that I can pinpoint when my symptoms get worse, is when the weather is about to get bad. Since that day I have had 3 MRI's and CT of my head and neck, all which come back normal. I have been tested for lyme, which came back negative. I have been to chiropractor, and seen countless neurologists and performed various tests which all come back normal. I am an otherwise a healthy 23 year old and which is why I believe doctors just brush it off and say I have migraines. I have been able to complete college and get my career going all with these daily struggles, but has made it so much more difficult. I am in such a daze 24/7 and can hardly walk outside without squinting my eyes or feeling like Im not even there. I am losing hope and any insight would be appreciated if someone has experienced similar. This has turned into something chronic, however since my symptoms were so sudden it makes me think there has to be something someone can find.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hallo Nano. Have you seen an optician or an ophthalmologist? also do you spend a lot of time on computers/phones etc. ie continually staring ? Maybe late at night? That blurriness and sensitivity to light makes me think of dry eye syndrome which can feel extremely debilitating when it first starts. May i suggest that you cut down on screen time, no screen watching within an hour of bedtime, and also get some artificial tears from your chemist/pharmacy...they are also called Hypromellose . You can use these as often as you want.

Overall do see an ophthalmologist or optician and ask for your tear film to be checked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.