Brain Tumor scare!! I need help and feedback

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive been getting dizziness and pressure in my ears for a good 3 months,i went to my doctor sge send me for a brain MRI , ever since she sent me for this i cant sleep infeel sick , nausea , headaches, and pressure in my head , i feel like i have brain fog .. i supper scared i might have a brain tumor im a 24 year old male .. i got a ct scan of my head about 3 years ago and came back normal ..but now i need some answers i feel sonsick ever since she told me to go get and mri because ibstarted looking up symptoms. Anyone help? Anyone felt the same ..is this anxiety or do yall really think i have a brain tumor

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel as I feel the same, I am worrying myself silly and thinking the worst, it's very scary not knowing what it is or what's causing it, I am scared of going to the neurologist as I am worried what they will tell me. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and the doctors seem to think a lot of my problems are to do with that. I went to the opticians and they had a good look behind the eyes and I have been told that they are the ones that can normally spot tumours because of the pressure on your eyes. The optician told me that she could not see anything and she thinks it could be linked to fibromyalgia but I don't like all these weird feelings I get in my head. I hope you are ok and whatever is wrong with both of us is easily solved. I wish you well and if you need to talk anytime, on this forum then you are more than welcome.
    • Posted

Im doing some positive actuvieties going to church prayer groups and stuff like that to calm my anxiety down a bit ..because i worry about it to much .... ill be fine hipefully in the name of jesus GOd Bless you hope your healthy as well
  • Posted

Don't start to stress out to much, she just want to make sure it can be a range of things from a sinus infection to vertigo, just try and stay calm and wait to see what the mri says. Did she also take a blood sample from you? Worrying will make it worse trust me, I have been there, my doctor had to physically tell me to stop cause I was giving myself anxiety. When are you going for your test? Can you take someone with you
    • Posted

She toook bunch of blood sample which are normal.. yes im trying to stay positive and calm but ive always had health anxiety thinking the wrost and knownit just got worse smh thanks for the words and yea i could take someone with me for sure
  • Posted

Hello

You might want to see an ENT for your symptoms.

I have had the same symptoms Minus the headache off and on since November of last year. I was told I have issues with my inner ears. This causes bad pressure in my ears, tingling in my head and bad vertigo.

Hope you feel better. 😃

• Posted

I never really get these symptoms until i read google they started getting worse ..nowni get all of them i feel like in a dream and sweaty dozziness shaky it feels ugly hopefully its just anxiety
    • Posted

I have anxiety and panic attacks as well. I know it's easier said than done, but try relaxing And Make Sure To Get Some Rest.

Feel Better And Have All Positive Thoughts.😊

• Posted

Yes im a hypochibdriacc i always think the worse , eversince she sent me for the scan inhavent left home scared ima have a seizure ornsomething bad is gonna happen inl just dont feel my self...the MRI was done yestarday early morning, and still heavt heard from them at all !! Does it sound like good news ? In inpatient and scared
  • Posted

Happily, it's statistically improbable that you have a brain tumour (any spelling differences are because I'm a Brit). You also have your age on your side. It's great that you're getting checked out, it's always best to err on the side of caution, I know. I had similar problems, with ongoing head pain for months. It turned out to be simply down to me becoming allergic to my cats! I now use a steroidal sinus spray 2 times a day... and still have my cats, of course 🙋. I'm sure that there are MANY simple reasons for your head pain.

Good luck x

• Posted

Second day havent heard from the doctor for the results for my MRI , i cant sleep at night i feel confused ,my face feels weird i havent ate and i feel like crying , are these brain tumornsymptoms or im i just making them up beacuse i have anxiety..... has anyones else gone thru this ?? Help i need someone to reassure me that they gone thru this and nothing was wrong
  • Posted

Hi Daniel I know what your going threw am having all the same symptoms . As well as pain in my ears and weekness in my arms .

I had my Mri on my brain and ears today and the radiologist wants me to ring my go on Friday so that's in 3 days . Am scared she has found somethink .

I think google doesn't help all my symptoms are saying brain tumour .am scared hope am just wrong

• Posted

I've been dealing with weird headaches for the last month or so, I'm not one to usually get headaches so I got a bit of anxiety and thought the exact worst. I felt like I was going to die because of me having high anxiety making the pain even worse.

my symptoms are a bit different from yours although similar, I've been having a pressure in the back of my head and it was so bad where I felt extremely dizzy, confusion, tired, it completely drains you. Sometimes the pain would come and go for a few hours but the head pain is very persistent I had the pain for 7 days+ and that got me extremely worried cause I thought something was definitely wrong ( cause I hardly deal with headaches) so I instantly thought brain tumor. But after reading up a bit about tension headaches, headaches caused by stress/anxiety I noticed after reading this very calming article about how powerful anxiety can take over and make the pain 10x worse I then realized these headaches are mostly servere due to worrying to much, I notice when you calm yourself down, or read a calming post or article you start to realize your overthinking 

• Posted

I felt the same 2 days ago, I'm really scared I went to 2 family doctors and both told me that it's just a teansion headache or cluster headache but I did not believe them, I don't have a peace of mind so I went to an opthamologist he said I have rhintis but still I did not believe him so I decided to undergo a CT scan, I'm scared to get the result I asked my Dad to get it for me and praise God they are right my panic/ anxierty attack causing what I felt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.