Brand change

Posted , 3 users are following.

Evening everyone,

Just a quick question regarding changing from a "name" brand of citalopram to a generic. I've been taking the generic brand for exactly a week and am finding that I am getting a bit of an anxiety increase.

It could however,just be coincidental and there's something else triggering my anxiety.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problems.

Thanks in advance.

Louise.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes i really beleive the change in brand has affected me. I had a new brand 2 weeka ago and ever since ive felt awful. I going to try and get a new prescription on thu and ask for the old brand i had as i was doing so well on them. How long have you been on cit?
    • Posted

Hi lyns

I've been on them coming up a year. I've felt a bit off,then I start worrying about backsliding,then I worry some more. Same old cycle!. Possibly just coincidence, so I'm going to stay on generic for now and see how I go.

Thanks for your reply

• Posted

Others have reported feeling a difference of different brands.  I've read that though the active ingredients are the same, the non active ingredients (the outer shell) can vary.  It could be this that makes a difference.  It's worth Googling this subject as there's lots of chat about this.

On the other hand it could be a blip and just a coincidence :-)

K x

• Posted

Hi Kate

I have googled it...even more confused now!. As I said to lyns,I'm going to stick on them for a while longer,but if I feel worse, I'll,be back to the Dr. However, the brand name may not longer be available in New Zealand. Grrrrr.

Have a great day and thanks again.

Louise

• Posted

Yes there's varying reports on the Internet re different brands.  You'd think all the tablets would be the same, and surely not that different so as to cause a reaction.

Good idea to stick with them for a while.  It may well be a blip which will ease over time anyway.  I hope it settle for you soon.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.