breast infection which has gone now but found a lump in my breast

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a beast infection i went into hospital for a drip with antibiotics and came home with antibiotics and pains killer. It cleared up and while checking my breasts i found a lump has anyone else come across this there is a history of breast cancer in our family thanks for reading this xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Firstly, go bk to yr doctor , they should have by now the report from the hosp. Stay.   2). Tell yr doctor about the lump that you've found. 3). Tell him about yr family history re breast cancer.  4). Tell him how scared you are. And you need to be seen urgently in yr local breast clinic.  Ask for a referal letter to be sent to them.  U5). Phone yr local breast clinic explain to them that your Dr. Is sending a referal letter, and  that you would like to be placed into the cancellation list. Try and be seen a.s.a.p.   Please I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry.  And please let me know if I can help any more.  I had myself a scare bk 2months ago found lumps had tests etc turned out to be cysts (breast cancer in family) my mam.  Liz xx
    • Posted

Thank u for your reply ive been to doctors they didn't realise the hospital had wrote to them saying they want me to go to family breast clinic. So if i hadnt gone to doctors they wouldn't of seen lettet it was just on my notes and i went to doctors 8 days after they got the letter. So when i went to doctors he check felt the lump wants me to wait till next week to see if lump goes due to me having had an infection. But if still there on Thursday i have to ring up leave a message and he'll contact refer me straight away. Its the not knowning it plays on ur mind. Thanks once again for your reply xx
  • Posted

It is the not knowing that's terrible.  When I was going through this my mam at the time was ill in hospital, so I couldn't tell her.  So luckily I told my aunt and she came with me for the tests. I couldn't tell my dad or bro. Too Embarrassing.  Turned out to b cysts. So I've got to keep an eye on them.  Please let me know how you get on. And if I can be of any further help please contact me.  Liz xx
    • Posted

Ot thank u i will let u no what the out come is thank u for your help and advice i lost my mum to cancer when i was 17 and my dad 2 years ago this september so its scary but been strong and trying not to worry to much as ive got my husband and children to think of xxx
    • Posted

I know how scary it is, I lost my mam on the 17th may this yr, she had other problems , she had the all clear from the breast cancer (5ys) ago she found the lump. But unfortunately other medical probs came up.  Yes please let me know how you get on,  Liz xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.