Breast lump that you can see with your eyes

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i am 18 years old since i was 15 i have a lump in left breast in the right side near areola the lump is visible and you can see with your eyes the lump is 2cm but bifore my periods grows more and its painful then the lump shrik even why you can see it even after my periods but dosent cause any problem I dont have other problems in my breast.Can someone tell me what can it bee? l now breast cancer is very rare

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Xhoi!

Usually, if the mass increases before your period, and then decreases in size right after your period, it is a benign, non-cancerous, cyst. The mass is influenced by the fluctuating hormones.

Breast cancer is usually not painful, but breast cysts are.

You still need to to be evaluated by your physician. I am a retired Nurse Practitioner.

Best Wishes!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Lumps near the areola can be skin tissue. It might not entirely be cancer, i think its best to get it checked out. I think its normal to experience this, it could be veins, or muscle or skin issues. Get it checked out by your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.