Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 85 KG

Race: Indian

Duration of complaint: 8 years

Any existing relevant medical issues: NA

Current medications: ascoril (not LS)

Symptoms: Breathlessness, Wheezing, Cough

Triggers (My hunch): This is due to humidity + temperature change

My Question: I want to find out what exactly is this and how to avoid it?

Only when I am sleeping, early in the morning in winter days or if I am sleeping in Air Condition(AC), I get breathless in the morning and cough builds up.

To avoid this I take ascoril which is a expectorant and bronchodilator, in winter I almost have to take it everyday before sleeping, even 2.5ml seems to help, but if I don't take it, I feel breathless and start coughing, when it's summer time, I don't feel any issue unless I am sleeping in AC in which causes exact same effect as winter and 2.5ml ascoril even in that time fixes it.

Side Note: I do have allergy of pollen and dust, but that generally causes runny nose and this seems to be very different from it as it doesn't involve runny nose and I have kept my safe distance from both dust and pollen.

My hunch: This is due to humidity + temperature change

Important fact: only happens when I am sleeping, never happens when I am sitting straight, once it happens (it happens if I don't take the medicine ascoril) in the morning, it goes on throughout the day a little by little reducing till the night.

I am worried that everyday taking ascoril is probably bad for my health or lungs, I only take 2.5ml everyday before sleeping in winter, but it still feels dangerous as I almost have to take it everyday.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.