Bronchectasis and CPAP machine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

After being Dx with bronchiectasis, I was advised to have sleep study resulting in moderate sleep apnea. Spec. suggested triallying a CPAP to 'help my oxygen levels overnight'. I have been using one for a week now, went to sleep clinic for review and yes there is an improvement in my apneas, but I wonder what the value would be in spending a heap of money to have a CPAP? Any thoughts? oh, and I certainly cant use it when I am coughing a lot I found.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi nanooskar

Same here i have both and just been told i have a1at hereitary emphysema but dont know stage of this disease yet bless you i am having this thought also do i buy or not xxxx

• Posted

Yes Dee, it is hard I am finding to get the medicos to actually commit to what will and will not have long term benefits!! I dont thankfully have emphysema...but that is just the luck of the draw I suppose. I will post if I get more information, I stilll have another 3 weeks rental time and pulmonary rehab next week, I have found that rehab guys and gals often will give straight answers! Blessings..xxxx
    • Posted

I will also love to go to rehad pulmonary but still waiting for lots of answers xx thankyou for your answering me
    • Posted

Its a big boat and lots of us in it waiting for those answers!!! xxx
    • Posted

A big ocean with little fishes and big sharks noone wants to one wants to own the diagnoses x
    • Posted

Dee..decision has been made by me not to buy the CPAP machine at this point..the expense is only one consideration. I have found that when I have flare ups I just cant bear the mask..the coughing + mask and I have woken feeling like someone was holding a pilllow over my face..I was choking..not really, but it sure felt like it..did it help my sleep apnea..yes, it did, did it help my oxygen stats...not that I was able to determine. I was measuring pre-sleep and any time I awoke, barely any difference in measurements.. so it is no from me to the CPAP.. hope this helps. Good luck to you, Dee
    • Posted

Hi nanoostar

Still waiting for mine sorry about your experience with the feeling of suffacation not nice . There are lots different mast and nasual to try dont give up hope xxx

• Posted

Not given up Hope Dee..but money is the monster at the moment..to pay for CPAP on pension is hard...trying to get into a funded program, xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.